Riverview School places a great deal of importance on the appropriateness of a candidate’s total application, the number of male and female openings in each grade and dorm, and in ensuring a good fit between the applicant and students who are currently enrolled.
Middle & High School: Students ages 11–19, grades 6–12 and
Post High School Transition Program: Students ages 17–21
If your child meets the following criteria, he or she may be a candidate for Riverview:
- Diagnosed language, learning and cognitive disabilities
- Desires to make friends and is interested in forming relationships with others
- Seeks typical teenage opportunities such as playing on sports teams, participating in drama, music, art and student government, attending dances, etc.
- Responds well to a structured, supportive, predictable environment
- Capable of greater success in the academic environment
- Has mastered basic daily living skills and personal hygiene
- Mild medical issues that complicate—but not compromise—daily activities
- WISC or WAIS scores between 65–90 or functional abilities within that range.
Please Note: Students demonstrating a history of emotional, behavioral, psychiatric disorders, or requiring a therapeutic environment, are not able to be considered.
If you feel Riverview may be appropriate for your child, please fill out the inquiry form or call us with any questions you may have.